« Return to Peptide Synthesis and Purification Home Page
A Major Advance In Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis
A unique resin enabling the pharmaceutical industry to quickly develop and bring new complex peptide drugs candidates to market.
ChemMatrix is a patented, 100% PEG (polyethylene glycol) based resin developed by PCAS BioMatrix that offers substantial advantages over traditional PEG based polystyrene resins for solid phase peptide synthesis. ChemMatrix overcomes the challenges of synthesizing longer and more complex therapeutic peptides. Peptides produced with ChemMatrix have higher purity and can be obtained with better yield.
ChemMatrix resin is made exclusively from primary ether bonds which are highly chemically stable.
No leaching occurs during synthesis and cleavage.
ChemMatrix resins have a loading of 0.4 – 0.6 mmol/g.
ChemMatrix allows the use of almost any kind of solvent, including water.
Available on request, ChemMatrix resin can be supplied with an extensive range of linkers for peptide acids, amides and fragments.
ChemMatrix resin has been field proven for easier and faster development of long, complex and hydrophobic peptides.
Higher Purity Peptides
ChemMatrix resin was compared with polystyrene for the synthesis of many difficult peptides, and results clearly dem¬onstrate the advantages of the PEG resin. Here is an example where both resins were compared for the synthesis of the HIV-1 protease, a 99 amino acid peptide.
Superior Performance Makes ChemMatrix an Exceptional Value
- Cost-efficient synthesis of long peptides and complex sequences
- Lower purification costs due to increased crude purity
- High final recovery yield
- Faster speed to market for new peptide drugs
ChemMatrix Resin Catalog
Biotage can supply grams to Kg quantities of the following popular ChemMatrix configurations:
- Rink Amide-ChemMatrix – Amide
- HMPB-ChemMatrix – Acid
- Trityl OH-ChemMatrix – Acid
- Wang-ChemMatrix – Acid
- PAL-ChemMatrix – Amide
For special requirements, contact us to discuss resins customized to your specific needs.
Biotage Provides Complete Support, Worldwide
- Extensive polymer knowledge – Our technical team has over 10 years of experience developing 100% PEG resins
- Full technical support – We can work closely with you in all phases of peptide processing and development
- Uncompromising product quality – Resins produced in ISO9001 and cGMP facilities
- Resins available in small quantities to industrial scale
- Strong QC and regulatory affairs support